HVAC maintenance is critical to proper functioning of your home’s heating and cooling systems. By performing regular maintenance, homeowners and business owners can increase the life span of their HVAC units, lower heating and cooling bills, and increase the healthful benefits of ventilation filters for a more comfortable living and working environment.
Anchor Heating & Cooling is a reliable and honest provider of regular HVAC maintenance. Whether you are a homeowner getting ready for the winter or summer season and looking for a one-time maintenance visit, or a contractor or property owner with longer-term needs, Anchor Heating & Cooling is ready to discuss your needs.
HVAC maintenance that you can perform yourself:
- Replace HVAC filters every 1 to 6 months, depending on usage and environment (smog, proximity to industrial centers). Make sure to get an ASHRAE standard filter, which is formally rated (MERV rating) according to its ability to remove air borne pollutants. A MERV rating of 11+ is considered best practice.
HVAC maintenance performed by a professional HVAC contractor:
- Thermostat check to ensure proper calibration and display.
- Tightening of electrical connections.
- Measurement of voltage and current on motors.
- Lubrication of all moving parts.
- Inspect drains for any plugs or surrounding water damage.
- Check system controls.
- Cleaning evaporator and condenser air conditioning coils.
- Check refrigerant levels.
- Clean and adjust blowers for optimal airflow.
- Check all gas (or oil) connections, gas pressure, burner combustion and heat exchanger. Vital to prevent fire hazards and health problems.
Contact an Anchor technician for a Maintenance consultation or to make an appointment for home maintenance. Commercial maintenance contracts available.